The provisions set forth below (the "Agreement") state the terms and conditions that govern your use of the website located at www.aeptc.org (the “Website”) and the services and materials offered thereon (the “Services and Materials”) by AEPTC.
Please read this agreement carefully. By using this website, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Website immediately.
1. Copyright. Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in the content of this Website, including the screens displayed on the website, is owned by AEPTC. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on, or distribute in any way any portion of the Website, including but not limited to the code and software underlying the Website.
2. Warning. AEPTC may, in its sole discretion, modify or discontinue the information and materials contained in this Website (including the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear here in) and any other aspect of the Website at any time without prior notice and without liability. Services and products offered on the Website are not necessarily available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility to obtain particular services and products is subject to the final determination of AEPTC.
3. Purpose of Website. The information contained in this Website is for informational purposes only. Such information is not intended to replace, and should not be interpreted or relied upon as professional advice from AEPTC, whether legal or otherwise. Accordingly, please consult with your own professional experts for all advice concerning legal matters, human resource matters, and the like that may be discussed on this Website.
4. Usage. The Website is accessible to you through a computer or other access device. Its content may include information, editorial content, chat rooms, and links to other websites. You are responsible for all charges associated with accessing the Web Site.
5. Access to Certain Portions of the Website. Access to certain portions of the Website is restricted to members of AEPTC, holders of certain AEPTC s, and others. To become eligible to access any such portions of the Website, you may be required to give AEPTC certain information. You agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information and to update this information when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or misleading, or if AEPTC suspects that you have provided any untrue, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or misleading information, AEPTC may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your membership, status, and/or right to access all or part of this Website. If AEPTC assigns you a user ID and/or password to enable you to access restricted portions of the Website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your ID, password, and other account information. You will be responsible for all usages of the Website made with your user ID and or password. You agree that you will notify AEPTC immediately of any unauthorized use of your password, user ID, or account, or any other breach of security. You agree that you will log off of the Website immediately when you are finished using it in order to prevent fraud by unauthorized persons.
6. Restrictions on Usage. As a condition to your right to use the Website, you will not: (a) engage in any activity that disables the Website or otherwise impedes its operation or limits its availability to others; (b) alter in any way the content of the Website; (c) use the Website to post or otherwise disseminate any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, or fraudulent communication of any kind, as determined by AEPTC in its sole discretion; (d) use the Website to post or otherwise disseminate any communication that infringes or dilutes any intellectual property or that violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity; (e) use the Website to transmit any virus, bot, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful software; (f) use the Website to post or disseminate any communication that encourages or assists any other person to engage in illegal activities; (g) utilize the Website or any information contained in the Website to assist in any way with the transmission of unsolicited email messages to any other person; (h) impersonate any other person or entity or misrepresent any fact about yourself; (i) distribute, transfer, or disseminate any information derived from the Website through or onto a searchable, machine-readable database; (j) use the Website to collect information about other users of the Website; or (k) attempt to use the Website to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Website.
7. Monitoring by AEPTC. AEPTC has the right, but not the obligation to monitor the use of the Website. If AEPTC monitors the use of the Website, AEPTC may examine, copy, and record any information relating to your usage of the Website. AEPTC reserves the right to disclose any such information in order to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request. AEPTC shall have the right, but not the duty, to remove any communication that AEPTC, in its sole discretion, finds to be objectionable or inappropriate.
8. No Warranties. The information and materials contained in this website, including text, graphics, links, and other items are provided on an “as is” basis. AEPTC does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the information and materials. No warranty of any kind, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from computer virus, is given in connection with the information and materials.
9. Limitation of Liability. In No event will AEPTC be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages, losses, or expenses arising in connection with the use of this website or any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if AEPTC or representatives thereof are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or expenses. AEPTC shall not be liable for any consequences of your reliance on any advice, opinions, statements, or recommendations that appear on or are disseminated through this website. Any such reliance is at your own risk. AEPTC shall not be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the website. Some states do not allow the disclaimer or limitation of incidential or consequential damages, so the disclaimers and limitations set forth in this section may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long implied warranties may last, so the limitations set forth in this section may not apply to you. This section gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights. These other rights vary from state to state.
10. Acknowledgment of Warranty Disclaimers. You acknowledge and agree that AEPTC would not have made this Website available to you without the warranty disclaimers and the limitations on liability and remedy that appear in this Agreement.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless AEPTC, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret. trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Website; (iii) any noncompliance by you with the terms of this Agreement; and (iv) any claims brought by persons or entities other than you or AEPTC arising from or related to your access and use of the Website, including the information obtained through the Website.
12. Termination. AEPTC, at its sole discretion, and for any reason or for no reason, may terminate your password or your access to all or part of the Website, and may delete and discard any information that you have published, sent or received on or via the Website.
13. Trademarks. . No AEPTC trademarks or trademarks owned by any other person that appear on this Website may be copied, downloaded, or otherwise utilized without the express written consent of the owner of such trademark.
14. Minors. If you permit any minor child to use this Website, you will be solely responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor child; (ii) the monitoring of such minor child's access to and use of the Website; and (iii) the consequences of any such usage.
15. Infringement Policy. AEPTC, reserves the right but not the obligation to terminate your right to use the Website if AEPTC determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you are involved in an activity that infringes the intellectual property of others. AEPTC seeks to accommodate, and not interfere with, standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. All claims of infringement must be submitted to AEPTC in a written complaint .To submit any such complaint by e-mail, please use the following .
Any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other property right must include the following information:
16. Public Information. If you post any content in any form on this Website, or disseminate any such information through the Website, you will be deemed to have relinquished any intellectual property rights in such content. Such content will be deemed to be public information. AEPTC may use any such content for any purpose.
17. Modification. AEPTC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this Agreement in any way at any time. Any such amendment shall become effective when it is posted on this Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your binding acceptance of any such amendment.
18. Limit on Exportation. Unless otherwise specified, this Website is intended solely for use in the Australia. AEPTC operates Website from its office in Australia. AEPTC makes no representation that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside of Australia. Those who choose to access the Website from outside of the Australia do so with this understanding and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Software on the Website is subject to Australia export controls.
19. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. All disputes relating to this Website, this Agreement, or your use of this Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the Australia.
20. No Assignment by User. You may not assign any of your rights, obligations, or privileges under this Agreement without the prior written consent of AEPTC.
21. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be considered severable from this Agreement. Such provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law to achieve the intention of the parties. The severable provision shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Agreement.
22. Waiver. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless set forth in a written instrument signed by the waiving party. No waiver of any breach or default shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
23. Captions. The captions, titles, and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.